Wednesday, August 17, 2011

sheltered


I'd like to think that I work hard for the things I want most in my life, but sometimes I truly feel like I am not doing enough, or there is so much more I should be doing. I have friends who are my age who have full-time jobs, who have bought their own cars, who have their associates degree, who live on their own and don't depend on their parents for everything. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful that my parents support me, but I feel like a leech because I'm not supporting myself at nineteen. At what age are you supposed to be out on your own, have a dependable job, pay bills, go to school full time and not rely on your parents for anything? I try to imagine myself doing that, and all I see is my life savings drop to zero in a matter of days. I love all my parents have done for me up to this point, but have they been to easy on me? I just don't know at what age I will be able to tackle a job, while going to school. I have no idea when I will finally move out of my house and pay rent. I hate feeling this way. I don't like to talk to my friends about my car, or bills...because how responsible does that sound? "Yeah...I don't have a car payment, I don't have to pay for my phone bill, or my gas.""Oh, Why? Because my parents pay for all of it." I just feel like how can anyone take me seriously or see that I am going anywhere in life if I am still being fully supported. I look up to my friends who can do it, and have been doing it since they have been sixteen. You truly have done yourself a favor for the future. I hope one day I can get there. Where I have the motivation to push myself to the limit and not always depend on someone to take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment